Extreme temperatures and pressure can cause failures within pieces of expanded metal. Properly extruded steel profiles prevent this due to the way in which the metal is formed and processed. High quality steel extrusions are created when steel pieces of a determined length and cross section are forced through a die of a smaller cross section.
Steel Profile Options
There are several ways in which extruded steel shapes can be manufactured. Each process has its own unique benefits depending on what type of part you are trying to manufacture. Deeco Metals provides the following extruded steel profile services.
Cold Drawing Steel
- Smooth and scale-free surface
- Sharp edges
- Uninterrupted grain orientation
- Increased tensile strength and yield point
- Different material thicknesses within one profile cross-section
- The possibility to use in highly sensitive areas, where the special profiles must withstand specific demands of temperature, pressure, aggressive media or hygienic requirements
- Seamless structure of solid and hollow section
Hot Rolling Steel
- Targeted strengthening of highly stressed areas of component parts
- Best mechanical properties through uninterrupted grain orientation
- Best shape properties and fitting accuracy by maintenance of the tightest tolerances
Applications for Steel Extruded Profiles
Extruded steel profiles are used across a wide range of applications, from windows and doors to firearms manufacturing. Steel and steel alloys are some of the most widely-used materials for industrial purposes, as they provide high strength, outstanding durability, and excellent versatility. Common applications for steel extruded shapes include:
- Industrial vehicle & engine components
- Gun frames & receivers
- Window & door frames
- Door & lock hardware
- Pump & valve fittings
- Architectural components
- and many more
Why Choose Steel Extrusions?
Compared to most other materials, steel is relatively easy to extrude, making it ideal for complex profiles and intricate part shapes. It is also considerably less expensive than many other metals and alloys, making it well-suited to high quantity production runs. Because the material is readily available and easy to work with, custom steel extruded shapes can often be delivered in faster turnaround times than those produced from other metals. Please note that steel extruded shapes generally require secondary plating or finishing to prevent rust and corrosion.
Choose Deeco Metals for your Steel Extrusion Profiles
Deeco Metals was founded in 1987 for a group of international metal producers based in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and the UK. The goal was to create a company with a technical and metallurgical background in manufacturing metal and metal parts. We are proud to have effectively served our local and global customers for the past 35 years. We have used our experience and technical expertise to fulfill the requirements of our many satisfied customers across the USA, Canada, and South America since then.