Ductile Iron Coated Sand Cast Part
Sand Casting Parts
Large CI Body Sand Casting
Custom Sand Casted Parts
From simple to complex metal parts, sand casting is a versatile casting process. Due to this versatility, custom sand cast parts can be manufactured in a wide variety of shapes and sizes from most metal alloys and in small to large quantities. As a custom sand casting supplier, Deeco Metals provides high-quality machined castings. Our state-of-the-art foundry has machining and surface finishing equipment that ensures the best quality parts. In business since 1987, we are very reliable and offer stocking programs from our South Carolina warehouse. Make Deeco Metals your best choice for custom sand cast parts.
We use the sand casting process to produce a wide range of parts in many different metals. We supply as-cast parts but prefer to supply machined castings, as this helps us find defects during the machining process, before shipping to you.
We provide full project consultation to help you:
- Choose the best method of manufacturing your parts
- Suggest the material best suited to your products
- Refine your designs to match the manufacturing method chosen
- Save on costs
Discuss your sand casting needs with us today. Deeco Metals’ experience and commitment to quality, allow us to offer you the best parts for your requirements. Regardless of industry or application needs, we have a technical support team ready to help with any questions on your projects.
Advantages of the Sand Casting Process
- Sand castings impose few restrictions on product shape: The only significant exceptions are the draft angles that are always needed on flat surfaces oriented perpendicular to the parting line. With good patterns and tooling, the proper choice of molding sands and careful foundry practice, surprisingly intricate details can be reproduced in this manufacturing process with a variety of metal alloys.
- Dimensional control and consistency: Dimensional control and consistency in sand castings ranges from about ±0.030 to ±0.125” (± 0.8 to 3.2 mm) depending on the size and design of the parts. Within this tolerance range, the more generous tolerances apply across the parting line.
- Surface finish ranges between approximately 300 and 500 gin (7.7 - 12.9 gm) rms: Various surface finishes on sand castings can be achieved and they are: machine finish, shot blast, painted (hand, spray and dipped), powder coated, plated (chrome, tin and others), acid etching, anodizing, galvanizing and various other unique polyamide durable coatings such as Rilsan.
- Sand castings are relatively inexpensive compared to other manufacturing processes: The process is quite simple and most any metals can be used. Parts can be supplied as is or completely machined and coated.
- Sand castings are acceptably precise and above all, highly versatile: This process can be applied to simple shapes as well as castings of considerable complexity, and it can be used with all metals such as aluminum, cast iron, ductile iron, copper alloys (brass, coppers and bronzes), steel alloys, stainless alloys, and other complex metals.
Deeco Metals can Provide Sand castings in low volumes as well as high volumes. Contact Deeco Metals today to request a quote or to learn more about how Sand Casting can work for your project.
Sand Casting Products
Sand casting molds also know as patterns are made of wood or aluminum and can be changed to accommodate any small changes in designs so small changes are very inexpensive. Sand casting can produce a wide range of different parts in weights ranging from less than an ounce to thousands of pounds. Deeco Metals excels at casting parts with simple to complex geometries for industries across the industrial and architectural spectrums. Some examples of the parts we produce are listed below.
Sand Casted Mechanical Parts & Architectural Parts
|Gears, Gearboxes and housings||Valves and strainer parts|
|Valve bodies and valve housings||Pump parts, bodies & housings|
|Flanges||Flywheels & Handwheels|
|Architectural parts||Fence post parts|
|Portholes and doors||Corrosive resistant fittings|
|Yacht fittings, anchors & parts||Ship Building parts|
|Propellers, impellers and pulleys||And so much more|
Large Sand Casted Parts
- Equipment housings
- Large parts for road trailers
- Large pipe fittings: elbows, Ts, connectors, etc.
- Wind power fittings & housings
- Off-road equipment parts
- Heavy machine bases and tables
- And much more
Custom Sand Mold Casting at Deeco Metals
Our foundries can produce custom patterns in wood or aluminum to use in the sand casting process to produce any new or legacy metal parts you require. No matter what industry you are in, Deeco can supply the metal parts you need! Contact us to request a quote or to schedule a consultation.
REQUEST A QUOTE TODAY!
Choose Deeco Metals for your Sand Casted Parts
Deeco Metals was founded in 1987 for a group of international metal producers based in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and the UK. The goal was to create a company with a technical and metallurgical background in manufacturing metal and metal parts. We are proud to have effectively served our local and global customers for the past 35 years. We have used our experience and technical expertise to fulfill the requirements of our many satisfied customers across the USA, Canada, and South America since then.
Contact Us for Precision Sand Casting
We have been sand casting parts for all industries and applications for many years. Request a quote on custom sand castings, or contact Deeco Metals to discuss your sand casting project