Steel Castings and Forgings for Industrial Applications
Steel parts, regardless of castings or forgings, offer material characteristics that are required for high strength applications.
Industrial vehicles use many steel castings in the finished products from parts that weigh one pound to parts that weigh thousands of pounds.
Steel castings and forgings are used by many different industries including:
- Heavy Equipment – Construction, Farming & Mining
- Machine Tools – Machining, Casting & Plastics Molding
- Plant Machinery – Chemical, Petroleum, paper, Sugar, Textile, Steel & Thermal Plants
- Electrical Machining Equipment – Motors, Generators, Pumps & Compressors
- Hardware – Plumbing Industry Pipes, Joints, Valves & Fittings
- Household – Appliances, Furniture, Kitchen & Gardening Equipment
Steel Alloy Characteristics
Steel alloys have different characteristics depending on their elemental makeup, but in general alloy steel is mainly used for industrial applications due to its:
- Wear Resistance
- Corrosion Resistance
- Hardenability & Hot Hardness
- Machinability and forgeability
- And More
Steel Alloy Plating Services
Steel castings and forgings are lower in cost than non-ferrous alloys, but since they are steel, secondary plating or finishing is most often needed to protect parts from corrosion and rust. Deeco provides a variety of plating and finishing metal options including:
- Powder coating
Nothing protects the investment you’ve made in your steel alloy product better than a metal plating, or metal finish from Deeco.
Steel Alloy Shapes
Extrusions, Drawn Shapes, Laser Weld Fused shapes, and hot/cold rolled shapes
Steel Alloys are also used for many steel shape applications due to their high strength, durability, and versatility. Some of their industrial uses include:
- Window & door frames
- Door & lock hardware
- Pump & valve fittings
- Architectural components
- Material Handling Equipment (Construction cranes, forklifts, etc.)
- And more
Contact Deeco Metals for more information on our steel alloy shapes, castings and forgings.